In celebration of book sales, I wanted to contribute something back into the writing community. It is not a jackpot but still a nice amount to win for any writer.
It is open to anyone and and you can enter as often as possible.
It is a maximum 50 line prose poem on any topic. Sky's the limit and moderation will be next to invisible. As responsible writers, we are clear of our professional line.
This is not a gimmick but sincere contest and this date Friday July 12 kicks off the fun and closes one week later at midnight Eastern time Friday 19, 2013. The winner will be announced within the hour and if there is a tie, then I will award 2 winners. $50.00 each
What do I do?
- must write and submit a prose poem no longer than 50 lines
- writer must be 18 or older and there are no exempt countries
- anything goes / be creative, push the envelope-no mandatory topic
- just below here the button 'choose file' and form entry will allow you to submit whatever you want and will not be public till I post it (protecting your email and any other information.)
- Here on this blog I will be posting entries with whichever name you want as they come in. I however in your entry will need email and real names for file. All your entries would like to also be promoted on the Facebook page 'kimberlyswritings' and hopefully rally your own pages for votes.
- the same steps hold true however and I prefer you email me your entry and information at email@example.com. You will receive entry confirmation here as well. Then again, I will be posting poems on this blog.
- Any medium is acceptable to accompany your poem
- I want to repeat this contest is a result of my choice in celebration back to the community I adore. I would be lying if I did not include an objective to introduce my site in hopes of driving some traffic.
- Bottom line, and I have always believed no one better to judge a poem than another writer, and believe strongly we are all writers. So jump on this insane roller coaster, no tickets necessary.
- you submit, I post whichever elements or the poem alone. Again I will be posting poems and pages in this blog. Each writer gets it's own blog post in this capsule and will be informed right away they are live.
- THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT OF THE CONTEST. IF YOU DO NOT VOTE FOR AT LEAST ONE AND IT CAN BE ONLY ONE OTHER POET YOU CANNOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE MONEY. PARTICIPATION IS CRITICAL AND NO YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF.
So here's how simple voting is-all comments appear on page, go to that writers page and leave a comment which counts as a vote. We are voting simply for the most liked piece of work, nothing technical. It doesn't matter how often or to whom you vote so discretion is irrelevant, and it can become a group support game. Again, comments button top right go to that writers post and leave a note. I will keep tabs on comments and entries.
Last SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any questions, email me
- You may enter as often as possible
- wait til announcement of winners before giving me pay pal or other needed information for winner
- Details; contest starts Friday July 12th and runs until Friday July 19th, 2013. It will close standard eastern time at midnight on this Friday